ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: translate/translator task - suggestions
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 20:34:06 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "GOMEZ Henri" <hgomez@slib.fr>

>In other words, you want to introduce the concept
>of searching for the Configuration files - and
>path is your answer to that, I think.

Could you develop ?

Let us assume your dictionary is in the
direcytory blah/blee/xml-rpc with the following
files:

dict.xml
dict_en.xml
dict_en_US.xml
dict_en_UK.xml
dict_fr.xml

Assume you have this set of files in
blah/blee/servlets

dict.xml
dict_fr.xml

Now let us assume that the key WORLD is
not defined in xml-rpc, but defined in
servlets's dict_fr.xml.  Also assume
that they key HELLO is defined both the
dict_fr.xml files.

Let us assume that your source file refers to
the keys HELLO and WORLD

Now, if the translate task had as a <path>
element, which is defined to point to
blah/blee/xml-rpc;blah/blee/servlets
and asked to translate into French,
the task will search for HELLO, it will
find it in blah/blee/xml-rpc/dict_fr.xml
and ignore the on defined in servlets
because the first one appeared in the path first.

But however, it will pick up WORLD from blah/blee/servlets
because that had the first key definition in the path.

>This would fit into the RB implementation as
>well.

What's RB ?

RB = Resource Bundle

Sorry I assumed it would make sense as we
had been discussing back and forth about
Resource Bundles...

Cheers,
Magesh