ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Annoncement text for 1.5beta1
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 07:53:22 GMT
I think someone has to revise the rules that the build file uses to
decide if something can be build or not without a particular package.

My case in point is <wlstart> <wlstop>. The build indicates
that it requires the weblogic jars, but if you look at the code
it seems that all it does is calling the correct class name using
<java>. There is no reason tfor this tasks not to be provided
as part of the nightly builds, let alone betas.

In amasement, I found that other tasks like <ejbjar> (including
<weblogic> subelement) are provided as part of nightly builds.

Jose Alberto
----- Original Message -----
From: "GOMEZ Henri" <hgomez@slib.fr>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 8:26 PM
Subject: RE: Annoncement text for 1.5beta1

>> Why did you drop the optional jar ?
>It is still there - but as part of the main
>distribution itself.  Haven't ya downlaod the
>beta yet? ;-)

Yes, in binary tarball but no more as a separate
jar. I used to make the rpm building core ant
from source and installing after the optional jar.

>> Could you at least provide a partial optional
>> jar including all compiled class for non-free
>> products (starteam (com.starbase), vaj (com.ibm.ivj),
>> weblogic (weblogic.ejb))
>
>...and, as ever, it is inclusive of all these.

The suggestion was to split optional in free/non-free
package. I could build the majority of optional but
still lack commercials products api to make build them.

So if I release a rpm, it will be with a partial optional
jar and you'll get users complaining about 'incorrect rpm'.

>> What's the problem with Regexp :
>>
>>        if (RegexpUtil.hasFlag(options, MATCH_SINGLELINE)) {
>>            cOptions |= RE.MATCH_SINGLELINE;
>>
>> RE.MATCH_SINGLELINE is unknown against regexp 1.2
>
>I will let somebody else answer that...

Ok