ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Crimson hard coded into junit
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 19:32:27 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: Crimson hard coded into junit

> your suggestion "worksforme" :-)

> *  Boss: Someone who is early when you are late  *
> *  and late when you  are early.                 *

I have fully fixed my problem here; here is the problem.

1. j2ee.jar is in the test classpath
2. junit fork=false

j2ee jar has too much stuff, not just an old version of jasper, but a fair
bit of the java apis, and that was confusing stuff no end, but only inside
the junit task :

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
org/w3c/dom/Document class
 at
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Docume
ntBuilderFactoryImpl.java:82)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter.getDocu
mentBuilder(XMLJUnitResultFormatter.java:93))

So what we are seeing is that somehow the classpath inside junit is breaking
the junit task itself...