ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5 Beta1 Sneak Preview ready
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 10:33:24 GMT
Hmm, I did respond!
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=102018000104727&w=2

Add it into the beta branch...

*  Lecture: An art of transferring information from    *
*  the notes of lecturer to the notes of the students  *
*  without passing  through "the minds of either".     *
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 6:11 AM
Subject: Re: Ant 1.5 Beta1 Sneak Preview ready

Hi,

On Wed, 1 May 2002 12:25, Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> At this time, I would also like to announce that
> the Ant 1.6Alpha tree is available for further
> commits to the main trunk.  However, the patches
> that you want reflected in Ant 1.5 must go against the
> ANT_15_BRANCH.  Bear in mind that we are in a feature
> freeze as far as 1.5 Branch goes.  Only bugfizes,
> documentation updates/additions and testcase additions/
> updates may take place on this branch - anything else
> would have to be voted upon.

I am not sure if it got through but yesterday I sent a question whether I
should add in stuff for extension stuff given that I haven't fully tested
it.
I have attached the file that I want to add. Basically you drop this into
the
correct directory and add the following to JarLibResolver task

    public void addConfiguredAnt( final AntResolver ant )
    {
        m_resolvers.add( ant );
    }

I can drop it into branch but it may need bugfixes (going to test it
properly
tomorrow). Anyways you didn't respond last time so I haven't added it but I
think it really needs to be in there for release because it is the part of
JarLibResolver that makes it useful in projects like excalibur or commons
that contains many sub projects.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,