ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: DefaultJspCompilerAdapter change in 1.5 branch breaks Tomcat
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 15:49:33 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Wannamaker" <Keith@Wannamaker.org>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 6:11 AM
Subject: RE: DefaultJspCompilerAdapter change in 1.5 branch breaks Tomcat

> Stefan,
> Since these tomcat tools only work with Ant 1.5
> (JspC isn't in 1.4.1), I'll just change the tool.
> I'm a little perplexed, though, that the methods
> were pulled rather than deprecated, assuming they
> existed prior to 1.5.  (Those should be dep
> warnings we get, not compile errors :-)

probably because I didnt think anybody was using them yet, and was trying to
stablize the code. Sorry.

I am finding <jspc> a bit unreliable still; half the problem is jasper and
so out of our hands, but it is irritating that it doesnt meet my
expectations, even for predeploy validation. I am using httpunit for
post-deploy testing insteead.