ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: exporting classpath references from inner Ant builds to outer Ant builds.
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 09:18:20 GMT
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
> This sounds kinda risky in that a sub-build could stomp on properties (I
> assume you'd want those exported back up too?) and references that you did
> expect to be altered.  Do you envision any mechanisms for controlling what
> gets exported? All references blindly?  Or some selection mechanism?

Right now I'm prepared to take the risk, as all Maven's properties and
references are prefixed with 'maven.' ;-)

However I guess a better approach might be to explicitly say what references
are required. Maybe something like

<ant antfile="${maven.home}/build-maven.xml" target="compile"/>
    <exportReference refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
</ant>

I'll have a go at patching the <ant> task...

James