ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 1.4, -target option and retaled build problem
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 09:33:59 GMT
I am planning on using jikes 1.15 (with no command line options)
to compile  Ant 1.5beta2 and using JDK1.4's rt.jar.  I haven't
seen  any problems so far, especially the one that I have
reported while using JDK1.4 and JDK1.1.8 combo.  Let me know if
any of you think this may be a bad idea.

Cheers,
Magesh

PS: Yes, I know jikes 1.15 is considered buggy compared to
1.14, but if I use 1.14 or 1.13, I get the following error and
therefore, it becomes infeasible for me to use it...

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/tools/ant/AntClassLoader, method:
find
ClassInComponents signature: (Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;)
Accessing va
lue from uninitialized register 7
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Available.checkClass(Available.java:493
)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Available.eval(Available.java:295)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Available.execute(Available.java:248)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:334)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1216)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:369)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:144)

        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:334)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1216)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1160)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:195)

*  Opportunist: A person who starts taking bath  *
*  if he accidentally falls into a river.        *