ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: translate/translator task - suggestions
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 12:19:34 GMT
I think you are alluding to inclusion of a <path> element
to the task.  In your case, the path element would be
comprised of the directories xml-rpc;servlets;java

If a particular element is not found in xml-rpc,
it will be searched for further down the <path>,
in this case servlets.  All the above directories
will have hierarchially formed dictionary (RB or XML)
files, which would operate on the earlier current rules.

In other words, you want to introduce the concept
of searching for the Configuration files - and
path is your answer to that, I think.

This would fit into the RB implementation as
well.

Cheers,
Magesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "GOMEZ Henri" <hgomez@slib.fr>

Domains need some more precisions :

- Domains didn't cover language but part of the applications.
  ie: You could have a domain covering java, anothers covering
  servlets and a third covering xml-rpc.

  The chaining is the following :

  xml-rpc -> servlets
  servlets -> java

  You could search for translation in xml-rpc specifically because
  a translate id could be allready present in the others domains
  (bad practice but users tends to do some ;)

  So you start to search for a translate-id in xml-rpc dictionary, if
  it fail you try in xml-rpc parent, servlets dictionary and next
  in servlets dict parents java.

  The good point is that you could stop the search fallback by
  not setting any parents for a given domain.

  I could add this parent definition in xml dictionary files but
  since I should try to keep compatible with your resource bundle
  implementation (and a possible SQL one), I'll have to give defs
  in the build.xml