ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject the tomcat 4.1 ant tasks
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 05:32:27 GMT
..finally took a look at the new tomcat deployment tasks; they look pretty
good:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/manager-howto.html#Executing
%20Manager%20Commands%20With%20Ant

If I have one concern (that i have filed with them), it is that they are
using generic names that effectively stop us from using the same tasknames
ourselves.

  <taskdef name="deploy"    classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask"/>
  <taskdef name="install"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.InstallTask"/>
  <taskdef name="list"      classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ListTask"/>
  <taskdef name="reload"    classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ReloadTask"/>
  <taskdef name="remove"    classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.RemoveTask"/>
  <taskdef name="resources"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.ResourcesTask"/>
  <taskdef name="roles"     classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.RolesTask"/>
  <taskdef name="start"     classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.StartTask"/>
  <taskdef name="stop"      classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.StopTask"/>
  <taskdef name="undeploy"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.UndeployTask"/>

I am thinking, maybe we should intro the notion of 'reserved' tasknames,
binding them to a reserved task that simply throws a 'reserved' exception if
used. That way in ant1.5 we can pencil out a few task names that we have
plans for in the near future, without creating conflicts down the wire.

-steve