ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anybody with GnuPG or PGP on Windows?
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:17:39 GMT
On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Thomas Christen <chr@active.ch> wrote:

> Obviously there is no secure way to do that - even the mentioned
> hack with the tty ...
>
> Extract from the GnuPG FAQ
>
> 4.14) How can I use GnuPG in an automated environment?

Actually I just wanted an interactive version to start with, and using
exec as is works perfectly well on Unix.

Peter's suggestion may work, but it means that Ant will store the
passphrase somewhere (even if it was just for the time the build is
running) *and* the passphrase was echoed to the terminal you used to
invoke Ant (I couldn't find a way to suppress echo from within Java
yet).

Stefan