ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A task as a nested element?
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:20:36 GMT
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> <subst from=".java" to=".class"/>

looks very close to

<mapper type="glob" from="*.java" to="*.class" />

maybe you should instead use <mapper> directly which will give you
regular expression handling at the same time for free (modulo
installing ORO, that is).

> Do you want the <subst> task as a task itself?

Pretty close to scripty, eh?  No objections, and I recommend to
generalize it using a nested mapper instead.

> And would you prefer it if I figure out how to make it work (as a
> task) from within <pathconvert>, or can you live with the code being
> in two places (assuming you want either)?

Please avoid code duplication.

Stefan