ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <condition> test for a property being true
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:13:03 GMT
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:

> ANT has a few built-in behavior, like the files excluded by copy,
> and that would only add some here, to hardcode the list of "true"
> values to just true/on/yes.

No true/on/yes has always been what Ant translates into a true
boolean, this is nothing new.

> How about allowing to override/extend these defaults,

This has been talked about for the default excludes and IIRC we've
agreed that making them configurable would be a good idea - nobody has
come up with code for this yet, though.

> so that: Someone on MacOS can easily add **/_* to the default list
> of excludes?

Not taking anything away from your point, this is part of the default
excludes in 1.5alpha.

> Someone from a different country can add its "true" values,
> e.g. oui/vrai in French?

I think this would become dangerous.  Imagine you've set up ANT_OPTS
to enable "ja doch" as "true", how would a build file that has not
been written by you deal with it?

Stefan