ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: javadoc changes: have they broken xdoclet?
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:35:23 GMT
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> I believe that a recent change or two to javadoc may have broken
> xdoclet1.1,

Possible 8-)

Short summary of the changes I've made that may cause some
regressions:

(1) packageList is ignored if you are running on JDK 1.1 (but should
have caused a build failure before my change).

(2) sourcepath elements that don't contain any .java files for
packages we want to generate docs for will be dropped.

The later one happens because all sourcepath, packagenames and
excludepackages entries will now be munged into packagesets internally
and only those sets that contain something interesting will be
considered.

I did a complete Gump run before I committed the changes and found
that I had to trim the package names (the old code did so as well)
because xml-security's buildfile has an - erm - interesting way to
specify the packages.  I couldn't find any other problems, but that
doesn't mean that there aren't any.

Stefan