ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RPMs (Was: Ant 1.5alpha refresh notice)
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:32:35 GMT
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> We should decide before this release goes out whether we wish to
> publish an Ant specific RPM or to continue to have RPMs built by
> Henri Gomez.

The best would probably be to use Henri's spec files and build the
RPMs ourselves so that they conform to the jpackage stuff.

Too me the directory layout has never been "correct" and therefore I
haven't installed a single RPM from jpackage, but I'm sure a lot of
other users do.

If we switched to our own RPMs now, with a completely incompatible
layout, users of the older RPMs will be left in the rain.

Stefan