ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] Cat Task
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:26:44 GMT
Thanks Derek,

I'm going to commit the task - and make it a core task at the same
time.

Some notes:

* the task doesn't honor the user specified encoding if it is writing
to a file instead of Ant's logging system.

* shouldn't this snippet

        // If using filesets, disallow inline text. This is similar to
        // using GNU 'cat' with file arguments -- stdin is simply
        // ignored.
        if (fileSets.size() > 0) {
            throw new BuildException("Cannot include inline text " +
                                     "when using filesets.");
        }

better be in execute than in addText?  The way it is right now, concat
will concatenate all files and fail after that, maybe even creating
the output file.

* we'll need to revisit the cleanup code at the end of execute().
Some similar code in the zip task family is know to cause problems in
some situations.

* Many thanks for providing a testcase!!

Cheers

        Stefan