ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New ContentHandler attribute in Style build-in task wanted
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 07:23:40 GMT
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Christian Mallwitz <c.mallwitz@intershop.de>
wrote:

> I would have to extend the XSLTProcessor class, the XSLTLiason
> interface and the optional classes implementing it.

Is there any way we can achieve this without changing XSLTLiaison?  If
not, let's extend this interface in a way that we don't have to alter
it again later.

We keep on changing this interface with every release of Ant and at
the same time allow people to provide their own implementation to the
style task.  If people really do so, they have a problem, see
<http://virtuals.intalio.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/adaptx/src/main/org/exolab/adaptx/util/JakartaAntAdapter.java?cvsroot=adaptx>
this is a valid liaison in Ant 1.4.1 but won't work in 1.5.

To be clear, this is not against your changes, but more of a general
observation.

> What if XslpLiason (depricated anyway) doesnt't support the new
> attribute but ignores it quitely?

I'd go beyond Steve's suggestion.  Don't make it silently ignore it,
but throw a BuildException.  If I've specified a content handler, I've
done so for a reason.

Stefan