ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: javadoc changes: have they broken xdoclet?
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:48:34 GMT
On 30 Apr 2002, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> I'll patch Javadoc to show the same behavior it had before my
> changes

The behavior was to not write package information if packagenames was
empty.  I have this working on my box right now but will wait for a
complete Gump run to finish just in case (I'll be offline tomorrow).

The xdoc proposal now builds, but I get things like

    [xdocs] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Couldn't find bean org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.jlink.ConstantPool
in sourcepath /home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-ant/src/main:/home/bodewig/ASF/jakarta/jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant
    [xdocs] 	at xdoclet.TemplateSubTask.beanFile(TemplateSubTask.java:533)

    [xdocs] 	at xdoclet.TemplateSubTask.isGenerationNeeded(TemplateSubTask.java:597)
    [xdocs] 	at xdoclet.TemplateSubTask.isGenerationNeeded(TemplateSubTask.java:699)
    [xdocs] 	at xdoclet.TemplateSubTask.startProcess(TemplateSubTask.java:352)
    [xdocs] 	at xdoclet.doc.info.InfoSubTask.execute(InfoSubTask.java:137)
    [xdocs] 	at xdoclet.DocletTask$DocletMain.start(DocletTask.java:549)
    [xdocs] 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    [xdocs] 	at com.sun.tools.javadoc.DocletInvoker.invoke(DocletInvoker.java:188)
    [xdocs] 	at com.sun.tools.javadoc.DocletInvoker.start(DocletInvoker.java:90)
    [xdocs] 	at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main.main(Main.java:228)

which is a little strange as such a class doesn't exist and I cannot
find how it comes to think it would exist.

Stefan