ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANT, gzip/tar targets and the Zaurus.
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 13:16:37 GMT
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, <dirkx@covalent.net> wrote:

> -	Want its file with a string uid rather than '0'

Inside the tar file?  Use tarfileset to collect your files, you have
the option to specify the uid there.

> -	Wants its gzip files of OS type unix and with
> 	the original name.

Bad luck 8-(

We are using Java's built-in classes to write the gzip files.  If
these classes create the files the wrong way, there is nothing much we
can do.

We could reimplement the GZIPOutputStream class, we are already doing
so for ZipOutputStream.  Want to lend a hand?

> -	It wants filenames to start with a './' starting.

Again, tarfilest is your friend (but only if you use the CVS version
of Ant).

<tar destfile="java-anttest_1.00_arm">
  <tarfileset dir="." username="dirkx" prefix="./">
    <include ...>
  </tarfileset>
</tar>

Stefan