ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: XML parser for Ant 1.5 was Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Release Plan
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:30:00 GMT
On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Stephane Bailliez <> wrote:

> For Ant 1.5, I would be in favor of changing the parser from Crimson
> to Xerces 2.0.1

to whatever is the latest released version of Xerces then, +1.

> - I think distrib size was one of the main concern to keep crimson

One of the main reasons.

Historically Ant has always shipped with the reference implementation
of the current JAXP release - we are ready to change that now anyway,
as Crimson 1.1.3 contains some important bug fixes over JAXP RI 1.1.

AFAIK Xerces will be the RI for the next version of JAXP anyway.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message