ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:56:12 GMT
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Le Jeudi 25 Avril 2002 10:49, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
>
>> If you ship scripts that are different from ours, we cannot support
>> people that have problems with yours (no matter whether this has
>> happened in the past or not).
>
> Sure, and you don't have to neither :-)

Unless people don't even know that the version of Ant they are using
is from a jpackage RPM and not from a binary Ant distribution (multi
user boxes where developers are not system administrators, yes, these
do exist).

But we seem to agree that we want to get the scripts as much synced up
as possible so it should be fixable. 8-)

> original documentation should either be modified, or at least some
> warning should be set somewhere.

We sure could add a disclaimer that the following wasn't true if your
wrapper script is installed from an RPM to the Environment Variables
section of Ant's manual - but I'd prefer to really make the scripts
work the same way from the user's point of view.

Stefan