ant-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: XML parser for Ant 1.5 was Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.5 Release Plan
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:44:13 GMT
+1 for xerces2

+1 for including both xerces and xalan - the JAXP1.1 specification
requires both ( otherwise it's not JAXP ). We may disagree with that ( the
same as some people disagree with JSP beeing required in a servlet
container :-), but we can't change it.

As for the reasons to use crimson - size was one of the  reasons,
politics was the other - none is a concern now since xerces2 is
reasonably small and accepted by everyone.

Costin