ant-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject XMLValidate etc
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 04:28:48 GMT
I'm happy to help with this...
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

--------------Forwarded MSG--------
To:
"Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Re: new bug w/ xmlvalidate
----- Original Message -----
From: "Magesh Umasankar" <umagesh@apache.org>

> The reason for trying to wrap up on ERs by Apr 30
> is to have a cycle to just detect bugs that have been
> introduced as a result of adding new features.
> It would be ideal if you are able to complete
> the enhancement before Apr 30th.  But in case it
> slips, please ensure you give a good amount of
> time for it to live in 'Beta-1' state.

I completely understand the reason for the cutoff dates, and I'm a big +1
for them!  I appreciate you being heavy-handed with them too!  :)

> > Anyone disagree with this floating past Apr. 30?
>
> -0 to work on this enhancement past Apr 30 to make it
> into Ant 1.5.  What is the severity of the risk involved
> in shipping it as-is, if need be?

No severity risk at all really, it just is inconsistent and makes dealing
with XML DTD/Schema clunky - with manual effort to pull DTD's out of JAR
files for some tasks to do local resolution.

I'll do my best to get it in - but certainly could use help with it. dIon?
Conor?  Anyone else on board?

    Erik