ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: RPMs (Was: Ant 1.5alpha refresh notice)
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 00:33:03 GMT
> From: Magesh Umasankar [mailto:umagesh@apache.org]
>
> I guess it would be neat if all that could somehow become
> part of our distribution build process so that a single chap
> can make the whole distro - but till then, I guess RPM users
> would now have been used to all these sophisticated
> features Henri has provided in the past - so, we would need
> his help for this release as well?? btw, he isn't subscribed
> to ant-dev, is he?  I mean, would I have to let him know off-line
> about our release plans?

Magesh,

In the past, RPM production has been handled by Henri somewhat
independently. It usually follows a short time after the release zips are
made available. In fact the 1.4.1 RPMs were delayed due to bugs in Jikes
1.15, IIRC. So, I suggest we just build the normal release outputs and just
drop Henri a note when they are available. (Actually it seems Henri is now
on the list so it should just happen).

The consensus seems to be that we should not produce the RPMs in Ant. In
that case I think the RPM targets and spec files should be removed as they
are just likely to confuse people. I will go ahead and do this.

Conor