ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types AbstractFileSet.java DirSet.java FileSet.java
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:33:34 GMT
> From: conor@apache.org [mailto:conor@apache.org]
>   Fix up the determination of fileset names since most fileset subclasses
>   won't override the getDataTypeName and thus be reported as fileset

There is an issue with the current fileset subclass type checking which
breaks some of our build files. We have some build files with this
construction

<fileset id="blah"> ...

<war>
  <lib refid="blah"/>

Before the above change, this was reported as
	blah doesn't denote a fileset

which is confusing to say the least :-). With this change it is reported as
	blah doesn't denote a ZipFileSet

which is better but is still a problem.

I propbably won't get to look at this tonight so if anyone wants to grab it
in the meantime, go for it. I expect it requires ZipFileSet to implement its
own getRef check. We should probably have a war testcase.

Cheers
Conor