ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Hays, Computer Geek" <electric...@telocity.com>
Subject RE: Integration with Rational Clearcase
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:49:06 GMT
I've used the Ant ClearCase integration; it provides checkin/checkout
capabilities.  For the rest, you'd have to write <exec> tasks to run the
desired cleartool command.

BTW, the ClearCase task is structured such that the individual tasks build
cleartool "commands" that are executed in one abstracted layer, so adding
such capabilities is SMOP (Simple Matter Of Programming).  I've considered
doing it because we want to create candidate branches via Ant, and that
means building a branch on the fly given inputs from the CM running the Ant
"build" - currently we use <exec>, but I've cobbled the ClearCase task to
provide a debug property to turn off execution of the cleartool commands
(useful if you plan to take the build script home and don't happen to have
ClearCase installed on your home computer).

I hope to get free time soon to post that change back to the group, along
with at least one other one.

Also, you might want to post questions like this to the users email list
instead of the dev list - you might get more/better answers that way
actually.

Have fun! - Bob

--
Bob Hays                           "Discipline is never an end in
135 S. LaSalle                      itself, only a means to an end."
MS 3010                            -- King Crimson
Chicago, IL  60602                 "Whoever flees history will be
(312) 904-4668 (V)                  pursued by history."
(312) 904-0322 (F)                 -- Janusz Korczak
electricbob@telocity.com           "Faster! Faster! Until the thrill
http://alephnaught.net              of speed overcomes the fear of
                                    death."
"Nothing great was ever achieved   -- Hunter S. Thompson
 without enthusiasm."              "Security is very frequently the
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson              commencement of calamity."
"A common mistake that people       -- Paterculus
 make when trying to design        "Problems cannot be solved at the
 something foolproof is to          same level of awareness that
 underestimate the ingenuity        created them."
 of complete fools."               -- Albert Einstein
-- Douglas Adams                   "People will work for money, but
                                    they'll give a piece of their
                                    lives for meaning."
                                   -- Schwab's Dawn Lapore
                                   "Creativity is allowing oneself to