ant-dev mailing list archives

From "GOMEZ Henri" <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: jakarta ant 1.4.1/1.5 ant script
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:55:07 GMT
>> - Did some use to put others jars into $ANT_HOME/lib or it's
>>   just to get ant/jaxp/parser ?
>
>Many users put the libraries they need for the optional tasks they use
>there (i.e. junit.jar or xalan or ...).

Hum, on jpackage and others jakarta rpms, all jars goes into
/usr/share/java, same location (à la shared lib in native world).

>> - What about adding a RPM_MODE var in script which will be tested to
>>   determine if the script is in normal ant mode or in rpm/fhs mode
>>   and thus avoid patching the ant from cvs ?
>
>I could live with that.  Others?

I attached an updated ant 1.5 script which will read the /etc/ant.conf
and so fallback in rpm mode ;)

Will be easier for all of us (rpm packagers and ant developpers) to
have a single script ;)