ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <stephane.baill...@haht.com>
Subject RE: Improving build process : patterns equality (intersections .. )
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:48:00 GMT

In fact I hardly can see how to add a warning about an include not
compatible with an exclude as it might be something perfectly volunteer to
filter out things and as it also depends on your input.

To ease debugging some kind of stats related to a rule (include/exclude) can
maybe be spitted out in debug with something like:

original input : 1257 elements
include '**.java' keeps 1000 elements ( -257 )
exclude 'Test*.java' keeps 988 elements ( -12 )
final output: 988 elements

But I can't really see how to add something more 'intelligent'.