ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [myrmidon] -ref vs ${}
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:06:53 GMT
Well, it seems to me that the antcontrib <propertycopy> task pretty much
allows you to do what the "-ref" attribute version does, i.e. "recursive"
variable, as discussed last week by Diane, Erik, and others. I see no value
in attr-ref="aProperty" compared to attr="${aProperty}"... It makes it less
obvious you are de-referencing the property in fact. The only value it would
add would be to allow attr-ref="${aProperty-name}", equivalent to the
illegal attr="${${aProperty-name}}". But as Diane pointed out, you can do
that with <propertycopy> already.

So even though my vote does count, I'd say -1 ;-)
--DD