ant-dev mailing list archives

From Burkley Frederick G NPRI <Burkle...@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil>
Subject Integration with Rational Clearcase
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:04:00 GMT
Hello,

Im looking at using Ant as my build tool for a large project.  We are traditionally a C, C++
house so use Clearcase as our PVC tool with make files for UNIX and omake files for Windows.
 One nice feature Clearcase gives is the ability to interrogate a configuration record (catcr)
and see the versions of all objects that make up an executable.  Of course, this is useful
when looking at an executable "in the field" and seeing how it was built.

I would like to use Ant as it is the defacto build tool for Java.

My question is: Does Ant or some Ant task have the ability to query a class file and tell
what version it is?

Thanks in advance,
Fred Burkley