ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: Song contest?
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:19:23 GMT
Spooky, we've been having a discussion at work about how naff the 80s really
were and Starship were voted to the top of all things bad.... :-)

Mind you, at least it's not UK Garage....

Anyway, this is not really an Ant song, more of a lament for a poor make
user but how about this - to the erm "tune" of Paranoid by the mighty Black
Sabbath

Finished with my Makefile cos it couldn't help me with my mind
People think I'm insane because I am building all the time

All day long I integrate but nothing seems to satisfy
Think I'll lose my job if I don't find something to codify

Can you help me, replace my Make? Oh yeah...

I need something to build me the things in life that Make just cant
I can't see how to build...XML? Jakarta Ant?

Make's a joke, we all know why, Ant's a laugh but I still cry
Java code I cannot feel and XML is so unreal

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my Make
I tell you "Jakarta Ant", I wish I could but it's too late...