ant-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <andrus...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: New Optional Tasks
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:13:05 GMT
Thanks for the good word about WebObjects ;-)

Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I think it would be best if the tasks and maintenance burden lie closest to
> those that do WO development.

WOProject team will be committed to the maintenance of these tasks as a
part of Ant just as we are doing it now.

   Technically there is nothing about your tasks
> that require they be embedded within the Ant distribution.  We are currently
> pushing back on taking on such tasks within Ant's core.  If other committers
> are for it, then I support that, but it still is unlikely that your tasks
> would make it into Ant 1.5 (there are only a few days left for the feature
> cut-off).

As far as dates go I was looking 1-2 month into the future to finialize
what we have. By than there might be a new development release in the
works. We will definiteley wait till this happens.