ant-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <andrus...@objectstyle.org>
Subject New Optional Tasks
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:39:51 GMT
Hi,

I am curious what is the process of offering new optional tasks to be
included in Ant? What are the guidelines and criteria?

What I have in mind is a couple of tasks that are a part of WOProject
[http://objectstyle.org/woproject/ ]. They deal with support of java
projects that use WebObjects [http://webobjects.com] from NeXT/Apple.
WebObjects (even though living in obsurity in the mainstream Java world)
is one of the best application servers out there. It has rather big (and
growing) dedicated community of developers. "Officially" WebObjects
projects are built using Makefiles. Ant is a savior in this area just
like in many other places.

Since Ant has quiet a few tasks that work with products from commercial
vendors, I thought it would be appropriate to suggest WOProject tasks
for inclusion. Most tasks are in production state already, some will be
there soon. WOProject current license is a copy of Apache License, so
there is no problems on this side either.

Before WOProject team finalizes the new release, I'd like to know what
is involved in making this an optional ant task.

Thanks