ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Janes <pet...@liberate.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5alpha refresh notice
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:02:12 GMT
Magesh Umasankar wrote:
> I have refreshed the (complete) Ant1.5alpha build.
> It is available at
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~umagesh/builds/jakarta-ant/nightly/v1.5alpha/

> PS: I notice that when I try to download the
> bz2.asc files using Netscape6 or lynx, I don't get
> to see the signature, but when I do the same
> using IE, I get to see it - therefore, I am
> tempted to conclude it is a browser issue,
> but the same used to be downloadable properly
> using both the browsers, when the files were
> in icarus - *strange*.

The files are served (correctly, AFAIK) as text/plain, and display fine in
Mozilla under Linux (trunk build 2002041822, which is slightly newer than
the 1.0 release candidate) and lynx (Version 2.8.4dev.16).

There are other MIME issues--the .md5 files are served as application/zip
and application/x-tar, and all .rpm and .rpm.md5 files are served as
audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin--but all of the .asc files are OK.

The contents of the bz2.asc file displayed in my Mozilla browser window
match the contents of the same file downloaded with wget and displayed with
"cat".

> Using Netscape6, I wasn't able to view a *totally
> unrelated link* either:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/old/apache_1.3.14.tar.bz2.asc

This one is fine as well.

> Does anyone know where the underlying problem
> is??

Could be you have a version of Netscape 6 that has a file handling bug,
although I don't remember seeing those symptoms.  What release are you
running, and what happens--do you get a download prompt or just a blank page?

Peter J.
--
fix, n., v.  What one does when a problem has been reported too many
times to be ignored.