ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: [xdocs] What's the status
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:06:59 GMT
Hi Curt,

Curt Arnold wrote:

> I spent a little time today seeing if I could use the xdocs stuff to produce a user manual
for the <cc> task that I've been working on.  I was able to run the proposal\xdoc\build.xml
from my build.xml and produced a corresponding .xml file for the classes in my project.

> Are there any XSLT or other transforms available to build documentation?

Run the "gen" target to generate HTML using DVSL.  If you don't have a
@ant.task tag with a category option, the output will be written to the
"other" subdirectory.

> Is there a crib sheet for using xdoc and/or a listing of supported tags?

There's not yet any doc for the XDoclet generated XML.  The DVSL
stylesheet for generating the HTML is task.dvsl in the dvsl subdirectory.
DVSL is similar conceptually to XSLT supporting XPath, etc.  See the
README there for more info on DVSL.

You can optionally create an external XML file to use instead of the main
javadoc class comment.  XDoclet will merge that file into the generated
XML.  For examples, see the src\...\taskdefs directory.  Some of the tasks
with lots of doc have been converted to use this method from the actual
task docs.

Have tried to keep in mind the ability for third party tasks such as yours
to work with this process.  If you have any feedback or patches, that
would be appreciated.

I've been working on a task overview page but recently am short on time.
Hope to get back to it in a couple of weeks.

-Bill