ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition And.java ConditionBase.java Contains.java Equals.java FilesMatch.java Http.java IsSet.java Not.java Or.java Os.java Socket.java
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:34:41 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:53, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
>>bodewig@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>  + * @since Ant 1.1
>>>  + *
>>>
>>+1
>>
>>Can we standardize on this format? I don't think putting in the CVS version
>>of the file is particularly useful and may just be confusing.
>>
>>Thoughts?
>>

> @since and @version are different things. I would keep @version containing a
> CVS version string because it makes it easier for users to report errors.
> However @since is also useful I assume. Though I don't think I would use it -
> it may be useful when doing documentation ala XDoclet?

I'm not talking about the @version tag but this sort of usage
      * @since 1.102, Ant 1.5

and

      * @since 1.1

which is in a lot of files at the moment.

Actually I don't really like having CVS version ids in @version either since it
complicates CVS merges somewhat but that is probably a losing battle :-)

Conor