ant-dev mailing list archives

From Frederic Lavigne <f...@castify.net>
Subject Re: possible bug in ChangeLog task
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 06:37:32 GMT
I've tested the latest version from cvs and the process still hangs. FYI, I tried with
JDK1.2.2, 1.3.1 and 1.4 with the same result.

This is not a big issue for me, I will keep my patch for now. My patch consists of reusing

the cvs task and redirecting the output to a temporary file. I've also added an "input"
attribute to the cvschangelog task so I can first run a cvs task with more options (like
-r, -s), then I pass this log to the cvschangelog task for processing.

Anyway, I have a suggestion for the ChangeLog task. Maybe a Cvs task could be added as a
member variable so the changelog can support advanced options for the 'cvs log' command.

I've attached the stylesheet I use to render the log in html which is inspired by the
netbeans changelog with the color scheme used by junitreport and jdepend. It expects three

parameters:
	title : title of the page
	module : name of the cvs module
	cvsweb : url to cvsweb cgi to generate hyperlinks

Here is how I invoke it:
	<param name="title" expression="ChangeLog"/>
	<param name="module" expression="testmodule"/>
	<param name="cvsweb" expression="http://www:8000/cgi-bin/cvsweb/cvsweb.pl/"/>

Feel free to modify it, discard it, whatever.

thanks,

-fred