ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <K...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: Integration with Rational Clearcase
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:30:21 GMT
Hi,

I assume you are talking about the ClearCase version of the Java bytecode
file.  Of course it would be easy to implement a command (or even use
<exec>) which would query the configuration record.

I have a few comments on this topic:

- If you want a configuration record for your class files, they must be
created as part of a ClearCase "build audit".  And the way to do this is to
use the "clearaudit" command.  As I understand it, clearaudit just tracks
what files you read and write and uses that for the configuration record.

- But for Java this isn't really usable, because the Java compiler will
normally produce several class files at once, and they will all have the
same CRs.  Also depending on whether classes it depends upon are already
compiled or not will change the CR.  So the only point I see is if you want
to extract the version of the classes corresponding source file from the CR.
And for that you don't really need the CR, just query the version of the
source files...

But then again, maybe I misinterpreted you ;)

--
knut