ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <K...@paranor.ch>
Subject preferred way of using other tasks programatically
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:00:29 GMT
I was wondering if someone could suggest a good way to make use of other
tasks from within a task.  I would for example like to use the <mkdir>
functionality from within a custom task.  In the case of <mkdir> the
corresponding Java class only has an execute() method (and a setDir()
method), which doesn't make it very straight forward or elegant.  So maybe
there is a preferred way to refactor tasks, which then allows me to use them
programatically.

I only mentioned <mkdir> to exemplify, I actually would like to use other
custom tasks programatically.  But it seems like it should be a quite common
pattern to base a task on other tasks.

Thanks,

--
knut