ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant WHATSNEW
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 00:00:33 GMT
--- Adam Murdoch <adammurdoch@apache.org> wrote:
> A static hashtable indexed on target name is going to cause weirdness
> be indexed using {project, target-name}.  Or using the Target object.
>
> What might be better is to move this state across to Project.  This
> would also let us have <do> and depends="" work off the same set of
> executed targets.

I didn't write it, just committed it. And I'm afraid I'm not up enough on
all of this stuff yet to really know what's right or best. Please feel
free to make any changes you think should be made. (I'd wanted to add a
nested <param> element, and got thiiiis close to having it work, until I
bumped up against the tasks-once-configured-aren't-reconfigured -- so I
started thinking about doing it the way <ant>/<antcall> appear to, with
the whole new Project thing, but, what with chasing squirrels out of my
rafters and not really being a Java pro, I decided to set it all aside for
now and just submit it as is to get it in under the 1.5 deadline.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)