ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:41:34 GMT
Ainsi parlait Lundi 29 Avril 2002 13:56, Stefan Bodewig :
[..]
> We sure could add a disclaimer that the following wasn't true if your
> wrapper script is installed from an RPM to the Environment Variables
> section of Ant's manual - but I'd prefer to really make the scripts
> work the same way from the user's point of view.
Well, i you really want the scripts working the same, you could change ant
original one to use the same env var as we do. We can't do the apposite, as
we expect those env vars to be used for all our wrapper scripts, and and i
don't think ANT_WHATEVER would make any sense in a .argoumlrc pref file...

We use
JAVA_HOME to set java environment and jre used ($JAVA_HOME/bin/java)
ADDITIONAL_FLAGS to add jvm flags
ADDITIONAL_JARS to add jars in classpath
ADDITIONAL_OPTIONS to add options

They are all called ADDITIONAL_FOO, as BASE_FOO is hardcoded in wrapper
script.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html