ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor ExecutionFrame.java
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:22:17 GMT
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:46, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> > BTW what do you think of putting together a micro release over the next
> > week or so? The release would just include aut/api/myrmidon/framework.
> > The main reason for this is that there is a few people who are using the
> > container part to build other stuff and are getting sick of us "evolving"
> > the API ;)
>
> Using myrmidon to build stuff?  Gee.  Gutsy call.  What are they building?

Well a few people are waiting for a proper release to do stuff. However I am
am writing "J2EE" scheduler based on myrmidon. About 80% done but I may strip
the container bit out and reuse Quartz (on sourceforge) and just use myrmidon
for actual job execution.

Another group I know is using it to write a test framework for a pre-J2EE
"enterprise" system. Basically sets of custom tasks to generate database
data, execute methods on server and query state on server and then compare
expected to actual results (where state == actuall messages that go across
wire + state of database + state of objects in memory).

Someone is also using it to do something with CORBA. Something to do with a
collaboration framework - NFI what that means though.

Another company is doing distributed installs and updates + pre-packaged
installshield type apps with a myrmidon core. This is something I originally
setup ages ago but they continued developing it.

The big drawcard is basically the ease by which custom services can be added
to system and accessed from tasks.

> This would be an alpha type release, right?  Absolutely no guarantee of
> compatibility with later releases and all that.  If so, I'm happy with a
> release.

alpha it is ;)

> > I will have a bash at documenting types/roles and how they interact with
> > the system. I may also get around to converter stuff if I get time (not
> > sure).
>
> I guess we should figure out how roles are going to work, then.

Well I will try to document how I originally thought they would work and then
we can compare and update to how they "actually" work now :)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald