ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <davidjen...@directvinternet.com>
Subject non ant classes used in tasks??-- j2ee hot deployer
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:36:46 GMT
I started working on a JBossHotDeploymentTool to fit with the other j2ee
hot deployment tools.  However I would like some policy clarification about
use of classes not now shipped with ant before I spend much time on it.

Implementing this requires several classes from javax.management
(ObjectName and a bunch of exceptions) and one JBoss specific class.  I
could presumably distort my code so as to use reflection on the JBoss
class, however I'm not very interested in trying to do without the jmx
classes.

Assuming my coding style was unobjectionable, and I finished this, would it
get accepted with the requirements for including these classes?  Due to the
design of the DeployTool task it does not appear possible to ship this
sub-task with JBoss yet have it available as a subtask.  On the other hand
I am a little confused about the utility of having a task whose subtasks
all deploy to different app servers.  I would think that the infrequency of
one target needing to deploy to several different app server brands would
make an arrangement where each app server gets its own task would perhaps
make more sense.

thanks
david jencks