ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs (Was: Ant 1.5alpha refresh notice)
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:14:55 GMT
Le Jeudi 25 Avril 2002 10:53, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> > I have absolutly no problem as having part of our work merged
> > upstream Actually, it makes our work easier, and i'd like to see
> > this behaviour more often :-)
>
> Maybe this would happen if the upstream was aware of your work 8-)
OK, this is partly our faut, as we wanted to get some level of achievement
before advertising really. That is what we currently refer as distribution
milestone.

However, we (mostly Henry and I) tried several time to get java developpers
attention on packaging problems on both general lists (xml and jakarta
projects) and on several devel lists with either no success or "what about
95% of world that don't run linux"-style answers, which is quite disapointing
compared to usual attention packagers have in free unix-only world :-)

What we currently had in mind was to redact some "make packagers happy howto"
toward java developpers, maybe you could give us your opinion about
preliminary draft ? It is available at
http://jpackage.sourceforge.net/request.php

> I'd ask you to merge in new features downstream as well.
Of course, but i understand you are talking of 1.5 future currently, right ?

> > Of course, feel free to send us any bug report caused by our own
> > settings, so as to make us assume them.
>
> Maybe I should add a RPM component to Ant in Jakarta's bugzilla and
> make Henri or you the default owner for bug reports in this component?
Concerning official jakarta rpms, Henry is best suited.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html