ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor ExecutionFrame.java
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:46:29 GMT
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:16, Peter Donald wrote:

> > It might be worth biting the bullet, and dealing with this properly, so
> > that we know things will work when services are replaced.  Dealing with
> > ordering isn't too nasty - in a past life I put together a container that
> > did the dependency tracking thing.  I could certainly put together
> > something for us to use.
>
> Its not so much the difficulty of writing the kernel - I actually enjoy
> that bit :) It is more the bulk it adds to myrmidon. It just seems like
> "too much". Oh well

It's surprisingly unbulky.  Anyway, it can wait - plenty of other stuff to do.

> BTW what do you think of putting together a micro release over the next
> week or so? The release would just include aut/api/myrmidon/framework. The
> main reason for this is that there is a few people who are using the
> container part to build other stuff and are getting sick of us "evolving"
> the API ;)

Using myrmidon to build stuff?  Gee.  Gutsy call.  What are they building?

This would be an alpha type release, right?  Absolutely no guarantee of
compatibility with later releases and all that.  If so, I'm happy with a
release.  Otherwise, can we put the release off for .. um .. say .. a year or
so?

> I will have a bash at documenting types/roles and how they interact with
> the system. I may also get around to converter stuff if I get time (not
> sure).

I guess we should figure out how roles are going to work, then.

> Anything else that needs doing?

Nah.

--
Adam