ant-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor ExecutionFrame.java
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:20:45 GMT
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:49, Darrell DeBoer wrote:

> We probably need to make sure that each service is obtaining references to
> other services via the Servicable interface, and create *all* child
> services before calling Servicable.service(). (Currently the
> DefaultDeployer calls "service" when creating a child, but there's no
> guarantee that all of the other scoped services would be available at that
> time.)

Good point.  That call to service() shouldn't really be there.  We should
probably make the contract of ScopedService.createChild() that it only
creates an instance of the service, and it is the responsibility of the
caller to run the new instance through the lifecycle steps (which the
instance can choose to ignore, of course).

--
Adam