ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:21:52 GMT
Le Mercredi 24 Avril 2002 17:57, GOMEZ Henri a écrit :
[..]
> >Sure, I use it myself (1.14 as 1.15 is far to buggy).  But my defaults
> >shouldn't necessarily be Ant's.
>
> That's why I think it could be nice to have such --with-jikes
> flag added to ant script.
>
> Just tell ant to check for jikes and use it if available
> if not fallback silently to javac.
Easy to do (but with envar): just turn
if [ -x /usr/bin/jikes ] && [ "$USE_JIKES" != "false" ] ; then
if [ -x /usr/bin/jikes ] && [ "$USE_JIKES" == "true" ] ; then

Anyway, i'd prefer using system alternative for selecting default java virtual
machine and java compiler to use (as Debian Java project already do), instead
of current presence-based test. This is one of my point on our future
roadmap.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html