ant-dev mailing list archives

From Darrell DeBoer <darr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/container/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/interfaces/executor ExecutionFrame.java
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:49:31 GMT
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:46, Adam Murdoch wrote:

> What I'd like to do is to generalise service scoping with a new lifecycle
> interface, something like:
>
> interface ScopedService
> {
>     Object createChild() throws SomeException;
> }

+1
I was thinking of adding something like this a couple of days ago, but there
are already enough fingers in that code...

We probably need to make sure that each service is obtaining references to
other services via the Servicable interface, and create *all* child services
before calling Servicable.service(). (Currently the DefaultDeployer calls
"service" when creating a child, but there's no guarantee that all of the
other scoped services would be available at that time.)

--
ciao,
Daz