ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs (Was: Ant 1.5alpha refresh notice)
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:17:44 GMT
Le Mercredi 24 Avril 2002 11:07, GOMEZ Henri a écrit :
[..]
> >With the scripts you provide, Ant's default behavior is different
> >depending on whether you've chosen to install the RPM or install from
> >the binary distribution.  It shouldn't be that way.
>
> Could you explain me the differences in behavior so we could fix it.
Using jikes by default is obviously wrong, and we should discard it, right.
However, as our current objective is to achieve a jpackage milestone, i'd
oppose to modify it currently.

> >Please let us merge your changes into Ant's very own wrapper script so
> >that you no longer need to maintain a separate script and we no longer
> >push back bug reports because we don't know your scripts.
>
> Good, I'm +1
I have absolutly no problem as having part of our work merged upstream
Actually, it makes our work easier, and i'd like to see this behaviour more
often :-)
However, in this particular case, most of our adapation are useless and even
non usable outside of jpackage project, so you just can't merge them. And
we'll have to maintain our own script.
Of course, feel free to send us any bug report caused by our own settings, so
as to make us assume them.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html