ant-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Rousse <rou...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Subject Re: [JPackage-devel] RE: RPMs
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:27:12 GMT
Le Mercredi 24 Avril 2002 13:30, GOMEZ Henri a écrit :
> >> I could easily :
> >>
> >> - make ANT_HOME set to /usr/share/ant
> >
> >Only if /usr/share/ant/lib would do the same as ANT_HOME/lib in Ant's
> >ant script
>
> ok for me (Guillaume ?)
>
> >and there was an antRun script in /usr/share/ant/bin.
>
> Hum to follow FHS I should have a binary in /usr/bin.
> May be we could just add a symlink from /usr/bin/antRun
> to /usr/share/ant/bin/antRun
>
> (Guillaume ?)
>
> >Otherwise this wouldn't change anything.
>
> Ok for me
I must have missed some mails here, and it is a bit hard to understand what is
discussed here.
I'm currently aware of three ant scripts:
- default one, in ant archive
- Henry's one, in jakarta rpm
- jpackage one, in jpackage rpm
I guess objective is to make those different scripts closer, right ? Henry, do
you still intend to maintain the jakarta rpm ?

Concerning jpackage script, i don't see the point of using a top-level ant
directory and symlinks. As we know where the real files are installed, and we
have to modify to script anyway, we can safely use real file locations

Achieving the same default behaviour is a good idea, tough.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html