ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant-myrmidon/framework/src/java/org/apache/myrmidon/framework/filters LineFilter.java TokenSet.java
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:46:50 GMT
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:40, Adam Murdoch wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:21, adammurdoch@apache.org wrote:
> >   Log:
> >   Combine role short and long names, so that a role has one name only:

Dont throw away the long names. If you are going to remove one version of the
names then remove the short version as that s only a logical name while the
Role name coresponds to interface classname.

The only purpose of the shortname is to make writing deployment descriptors
easier. It should not be used in our code at IMHO. I have been working on
getting it removed from XDoclet tags and hopefully that will make things
easier in future.

> The plan here is to eventually redo role management, to deal with things
> like name conflicts, scoping, and versioning.  I want to wait until we've
> got something decent happening for the types, because we should, hopefully,
> be able to use the same infrastructure for roles (make 'em meta-types or
> something).

Sounds good to me. We could also add in meta-info for roles so that we can
specify converter as a type that requires metainfo parameters "source" and
"destination".

> In the meantime, using a single name for a role makes dealing
> with roles heaps simpler.

I disagree but as long as you put the long names back in there I can live with
it ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald